| Maintenance Tips
Given below are a few maintenance tips which would help you extract the best of SaiCorp products:
* SaiCorp recommends that all axles have the wheel bearings checked
for adjustment after the first 5,000 km of service.
* After this all axles fitted with standard steel hubs need inspection
and adjustment if necessary at 50,000 km intervals with replacement
of the lubrication recommended at 100,000 km intervals.
* In harsh operating environments such as high ambient temperatures,
the wheel bearings should be inspected and adjusted if necessary
every 25,000 km.
SaiCorp recommends the following method of adjusting wheel bearings:
* Ensure the brake air reservoirs are fully charged and the brakes
are backed off if required to avoid drag.
* Block the remaining wheels to ensure the unit does not move while
carrying out this procedure.
* Remove the hub cap and place a dial indicator with a magnetic
base on the end of the axle spindle with the pointer resting on
the hub. Rotate the hub approximately 90 degrees in both directions
while pushing on the hub and note the reading on the dial indicator.
Repeat the procedure while pulling on the hub.
The following steps will help you check and adjust the air suspension
ride height of your trailer:
1. Have the trailer on level ground and preferably loaded.
2. The air system should be fully charged and preferably the truck
engine running to ensure sufficient air supply.
3. Trailer Brakes must be off. Block the wheels to ensure the unit
does not move while carrying out this procedure.
4. Loosen the clamps on the vertical linkage rod and alter the length
- shorten to lower/lengthen to raise - to set at correct ride height.
Re-clamp the adjusting rod when the correct ride height is achieved.
View Frequently Asked Questions >>